Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Star of Wonder

Welcome back to another Tuesday Morning Sketch Challenge!  Hope everyone had a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!  We enjoyed a quiet family dinner, very relaxing and enjoyable.
Everyone survive the Black Friday craziness?  I opted to stay home and do a little Internet shopping.
Onto this weeks challenge!  Our sponsor this week is the totally adorable Stamp Fairy!  Head on over and check out all her super cute digital stamps, and double bonus, she is having a sale!!
For this weeks sketch I used Stamp Fairy's Barry Best Friends 1

.    
This card has a lot of sparkle and shine that just doesn't show up in the picture.  The image was colored with Prismacolor pencils; I then fussy cut around the bears and ground.  I used Distress inks to create a night sky.  Adhered the image cut out to the "sky" panel, then used a circle die to cut it all out.  Layered my image circle onto a circle of silver card stock.  Added a die cut star, some gelly roll pen dots to resemble other stars and embossed the ground with "snow" using my versamark marker and white tinsel EP.  Used my Sizzix flourish die and pale blue vellum, a few star embellies and gems to create the corner flourish embellishment.  Embossed some blue shimmer paper with snowflakes and added a strip of silver ribbon.
Thanks for stopping by, hope you take time to play along with us this week at TMS!  I'd love to see how this weeks sketch inspires your!
 Be sure to stop by the other Design Team members blogs to see their fantastic creations!
Bonnie
Jessi
Melissa
Debbie
Jenee

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Kris..i love this card. I thought this image was so sweet when i saw it and i tried to think of how i could use it..now i can see by what you did that this is one i will need to get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, Kris!! I love that image, and cutting them and inking for that night sky is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such rich inking! I love all the silver accents - you've created the perfect night sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shades of blue look fantastic with your silver star of wonder. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty I love the silver around the image. It reminds me of a snowglobe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pretty pretty!! I love this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!