Thursday, August 22, 2013

Back to School Bookmark

My teenage daughter was not ready to go back to school.  She had a part time job this summer as a lifeguard at the local public pool.  She loved it!  Her summer went by way to quick.  She also misses sleeping in, in the mornings, she didn't start working until 11:30, so most days she got to sleep in.
I created this bookmark for her.
I didn't add too many bulky embellishments, so it would lay flat in the book and not do any damage.  I did not tie a knot or bow with the twine like I normally do.  Since I want the bookmark flat I just used the twine as a border.  The Twinery is have a great Back to School Bus challenge going on right now, so head on over and check it out!

The image is Wee Henry Moon from Hambo Stamps.  The Hoedown Challenge this week is to create a back to school themed project.  Thought this bookmark would be a great choice for my daughter, since her sleeping in days are few and far between now!  The layout is my take on the MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch #138

I created the sentiment in MSWord.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by!  Have a blessed weekend! Enjoy!

Entered in:
The Twinery Back to the School Bus Challenge
MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch #138
Hambo Hoedown #129
Simon Says Stamp Back to School Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Our kids go back in two weeks - and they will be singing the same tune, I'm sure! This is a great little giftie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris your card is absolutely gorgeous, super cute image and fab design and papers.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!