Friday, September 27, 2013

A Card to Help Ema Reach Her Goal


This past week I discovered a wonderful blog during a Tombow blog hop.  Ema over at Ema's-A-Creating, has set a goal of 300 cards for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.  What a fantastic idea! I love the idea of sending cards to help lift the spirits of the patients at St. Jude's.  So I created this little card to sent to Ema to deliver to St. Jude's, hoping  it will bring a smile to someone.



I used Tuesday Mornings Sketch #217 for my layout.  The image is Hang in There from Tiddly Inks.  I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol.  The branch is part of a die cutting plate from Taylored Expressions, Shade Tree.  The birdies are from the Hang in There stamp set.  I fussy cut them out and popped them up with foam tape.  The background was embossed and I then lightly sponged on some white ink to add a little contrast.  Paper pierced around the background layer.  Stamped my sentiment on a cloud punch and added three little pearls in the corner.  
If you would like to help Ema reach her goal of 300 cards, just hop on over to her blog and leave a message with your email.  She will let you know any details and where to mail the cards.
Thanks for stopping by my little blog!  God bless!!

Entered in:

2 comments:

  1. This is super cute and sure to lift someone's spirits!! I love the cloud embossing!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kris, this is just super sweet! What a great card for a little one :) I love the cloud embossing & the piercing is such a funky touch! Thanks for sharing with us this week at TMS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!