Sunday, November 3, 2013

Snowy Meadow

As I was following some of my favorite bloggers this past week, I stumbled upon The House That Stamps Built Blog, and their What if? Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I really like the sketch so I thought I'd play along and finish another Christmas card in the process.
20131029-211940.jpg
I just purchased this Technique Tuesday stamp set, Growing Wild, and thought it would make a pretty snowy evening scene.  I created the evening sky with Distressed inks.  The snow mound I created with Prismacolor pencils, Gelatos, and a little Smooth Pearlized ink.  The snow on the grass and flowers was created with a white gel pen. Used Spellbinders ovals to die cute the image and a white mat.  The papers are from a kit I purchased from Paper Wishes a couple years ago.  Added a little iridescent ribbon and a little sentiment tag and wallah!  I was happy with the finished card!
Thanks for stopping by!  I would love it if you left a comment! Have a blessed and happy week!

Entered in:
The House that Stamps Built Wednesday Sketch Challenge O3013
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Christmas with no red or green

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is quite amazing, especially when I read through all of your details and descriptions of the techniques you used. You are so skilled at mixing colors and creating a whole "feeling" with your art. I especially loved the snow that was dusted on top of the flowers. I never would've thought to create a winter scene out of floral images, so you've inspired me to expand my vision. This is beautiful and I'm so glad that you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty inking! Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!