Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fin-tastic Day!

Lovein' these cute dolphins from Birdie Brown! They're the July freebie, so you better go get 'em while you can!  One more card using the Tuesday Morning Sketches birthday celebration sketches.
Flipped the sketch for this card.  My sentiment is in the wrong spot than the sketch shows, so I hope that's ok.  I need to learn to double check the sketch and not try to go by memory!!  The "waves" are a Sizzix die cut from some blue vellum I found in my stash.  Splattered some blue ink on the image panel for a splashed effect.  I didn't have any yellow twine, so I made some with some natural twine and a yellow Tombow maker.  Added a few crystals for sparkle.  I think it turned out cute!
Thanks for taking the time to check out my work.  God bless!

Entered in:

6 comments:

  1. Fin-tastic card! (OK, sorry but I couldn't resist - smile). Great use of the sketch and the little image is quite fun. Thank you for joining in our birthday celebration this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the image and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! That is a fun image and I love the vellum wave!!
    Thanks for joining us again at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jenee stole my comment! LOL! It is AWESOME, Kris! Those dolphins are adorable, and the vellum wave is so soft & pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These dolphins are so sweet - love the card. Thank you for celebrating TMS' 4th birthday with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fin-tastic! Using vellum for the "wave" is a great idea. Thank you for joining this month's challenge at Birdie Brown.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!