Saturday, July 20, 2013

Happy Thoughts

Check out this super cute image I won from Sassy Cheryl's Stamps!  I think this little boy is adorable!  Thanks to Sassy Cheryl's for the wonderful prize! Thanks Cards in Envy for selecting my card as an "in the mailbox" card!
TMS Top 5
I used this week's sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.  This week TMS also includes a twist, which is use an animal.  I hope the little duck counts!  Colored my image with Prismacolor pencils.  Added a little Glossy Accents to the water ripples.  The cattail embellishments are from the digital image.  I just made them bigger and cut them out.  That is the best thing about digital, you can adjust the size!  This week I also came across the Cards in Envy challenge blog.  They challenge you to make 4A cards that will fit in an envelope that can be mailed without extra postage.  The total thickness is limited to 1/4 inch or less.   Love this idea since 90% of my cards get mailed.
Thanks for taking time to stop by my blog!  God bless!!

Entered in:
Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #175 - Out Door Fun and Games
Tuesday Morning Sketches #207   Thanks for the Top 5 Award!
Cards in Envy - Layers Challenge
Simon Says Stamp - Green

15 comments:

  1. cute as can be! I love those little added cattails, the added twine and cute sentiment tag are the perfect finishing touch!
    Thanks for playing along in our Sassy Cheryl challenge this week!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, love all your layering. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kris! Lovely image and fabulous creation! Love your sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl’s Outdoor fun & games Challenge, hope to see you again next week.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris, this is so sweet, and i like how you colored him up too! Thank you for using our sketch and TWist this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, that is adorable! So cute how it looks like the duck is telling him something important :) Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card, that stamp is very adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. That stamp is adorable. But I just love the cattails you added on the side with the twine! Great card!! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This image is adorable!! I love the cattails, too!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kris! So flippin' adorable!! Love what you did with the cattails. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable, adorable, adorable! What a lovely card! It's just perfectly colored and I LOVE those cat-tails!
    Thanks for playing along in the Outdoor Fun & Games challenge this week with my Sassy Gals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card! Love the layers and paper colors and that cute little boy image! Very cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a darling card! Beautiful coloring and great card design. A duck certainly should count! I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those cattails. Thanks for the info on the Cards N Envy Blog. That is really a tough challenge for me. I so love the serenity and simple beauty of Max and the duck. Perfect summer day. Thanks for joining in at Sassy Cheryl's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow stunning card!!!!! great images!! soooo glad you played along with Cards in Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Kris! Your card has been chosen by our Designers as one of the IN THE MAILBOX cards for our Layers challenge at Cards in Envy! Please email me at strefger {at} gmail {dot} com with "In the Mailbox Layers" as your subject and I will email you a badge for your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!