Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blessings

My first Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge entry!!  I have admired Our Daily Bread Designs for quite some time now.  They have beautiful images and amazing Bible verses and sentiments.  A month or so ago, I won a gift certificate by participating in one of their "For the Love of" hops!   Finally had time to try out one of the stamps I received.  I love it!  Top quality and stamps beautifully!  Hope my card did it justice!


This week's challenge over at ODBD is a sketch challenge.  I love sketch challenges because I am usually at a loss on what layout to use with an image.  I stamped the image, Violet, with Memento Tuxedo black.  I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol.  The flourishes were cut with a Sizzix die from green glitter paper.  Inked the edges of the base paper, and fish tail flag.  Layered the pieces as shown.  I added a small piece of foam tape to the middle of the sentiment tag and used Scor-tape on the ends to give it a rounded look and add dimension to the card.  The small flowers on the tag are Dazzle stickers.  Thanks for stopping by!  God bless!!
Entered in:
ODBDSLC145 - sketch

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Kris!! Glad you were able to win and use your new stamps!! I just love your flower bouquet and your lavender!! Such a beautiful take on the sketch!! The added doily is a beautiful and elegant touch!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your violets are gorgeous -- beautifully coloured! Terrific card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely design with these ODBD Stamps. The purples are so rich feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!