Friday, April 17, 2015

April Showers

Sharing a little card I put together last night.
I used the sketch for Sweet Sunday Sketch and a Tiddly Inks image I've had for some time, but never took the time to color it.

 

To create my background, I sponged on some distressed inks to the top panel before adding some raindrops using a stencil and embossing paste.  I colored the image, Donna, with Copic markers.  I then used my scraped paint stencil to create rain drops/streaks on the image panel.  Stamped my sentiment on my fishtail banner, added some twine and a button to finish off my card.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great weekend!
God bless!!

Entered in:
Classy Cards and Such Challenge - #80 Rainy Days
Sweet Sunday Sketch 264
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make your own background
Tiddly Ink Challenge 155 - Spring In

4 comments:

  1. Kris, your card is so adorable. I love the colors, they are so cheerful. I also like the added stitching on your banner. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful April Showers card! The colors are so cheerful, and your image is as sweet as can be. Thank you for joining our Classy Cards n' Such weekly challenge this week, Kris!
    Mindy~ CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kris, lovely papers and colours, great layout and a sweet image
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card. I love the embossing past rain drops!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!