Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy Flying

Playing along with Friends with Flair Friday!  And I'm actually posting on Friday!! I was lucky enough last week to be the random comment winner! Received my prize already and am starting to have some fun creating!  One of the stamps was perfect for my DH, so I used it to create this card.  I used sketch #23 over at CAS(E) this Sketch
The airplane stamp was in my Unity prize package and since my husband flies an ultralight aircraft and loves anything that has to do with aviation, I fell in love with this stamp right away!  

I masked off my card stock panel, then sponged it with Faded Jeans Distressed Ink using a cloud template.  I stamped the airplane image once with Versafine on the cloud strip.  I then stamped it again on a scrap of card stock and fussy cut the plane.  I then used foam dots to pop it up.  Added the sentiment tag with a brad and added a heart Dazzle sticker to the wings.  Than adhered the panel to a card base that had been sponged around the edges with more Faded Jeans Distressed Ink.  
Thanks for looking! God bless!!

Entered in:
Unity Friends with Flair - Apr. 12, 2013

18 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning Kris and so apt for your hubby..love the stamp and the clouds you made!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the sketch - great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card is awesome! love the plane and the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card the diagonal design is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute... I love the freebies from Unity! I accidentally deleted your comment from my post, if you want to comment again (to be in the random Unity drawing possibility) I promise to click the correct button next time after I've had my 8 hours of sleep, I'm sorry my finger was clicky happy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! That cloud template is perfect for that cute little plane....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I love the upward slanted sky and the little heart! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever take on the sketch, I just love your cloud panel!
    Thanks for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great design and perfect for the airplane image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, it is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clever card-what a fabby take on the sketch-and so nicely made :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't do anything but smile! Soooo Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SUPER cute, Kris!! Congrats on the win, and your card is absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable! Wow, love that airplane - almost feel it whooshing through the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is fun! It gives me wanderlust! I love how you did your masking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That card is fantastic! Love the strip of clouds with that stamp. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute CAS card. The clouds are stunning. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this looks amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!