Wednesday, August 7, 2013

CASE'd Happy Anniversary

Created this card for my brother-in-law and his wife.  I CASE'd this card created by Makiko Jones, one of the very talented DT members at Flourishes.  Love her beautiful work!
Life_Love__Lemon_31_edited3 
Used Flourishes Garden Gate stamp set to create the flowered background.  Colored the image with Prismacolor pencils.  I've been wanting to try embossing and coloring on vellum; so that is how I created the flower image on the panel.  The sentiment is a very old stamp I've had for years.  Used a SU border punch for the lacy border.  Pierced and inked the edges of the green panel.  Added a little seam binding.  Thanks Makiko for the beautiful card to CASE!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by!  Blessings!

Entered in:

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Kris, this is simply gorgeous! I love the background - so soft & lovely. The piercing & ribbon detail are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY PRETTY!!!!!! THIS is ONE of my FAVORITE FLOURISHES SETS!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card, Kris!! I love your choice of stamps and the white embossed outline for the focal image. Thank you for casing my card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!