Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sending you....

This weekend I made a flip it card.  Sizzix makes a card base die called a flip it.  The die cuts and scores the card base to make a fun card that "flips" when you pull it open.  Everyone in the Stamps of Life club received a free flip it card base with the January club shipment.  The Stamps of Life is having a contest and are giving away 10 flip it dies.  If you win, you get your choice of flip it die! Sweet!!  Here is the card I created for the contest.
The front

I used The Stamps of Life set Butterfly2Build and the Stephanie Barnard/Sizzix Butterfly die set.  I cut the flower petals from patterned paper with the small wing from the butterfly die set.  I stamped the butterfly on white card stock then cut it out.  I stamped the wings with the swirl pattern from the Butterfly2Build stamp set.  After I had the front put together I thought I should add some of the flight dots from the set.  When I added them they smeared! Ugh!!!  I didn't have another base to start again, so I had to go with it! (I don't own the flip it dies yet either, but they are on my wish list!)


The inside
For the inside I stamped the full butterfly on white card stock and cut out using the Butterfly die.  I then used the large and small wing dies to cut the butterfly wings from patterned paper.  Inked up the edges of the wings and adhered them to the butterfly.  Attached the butterfly with foam tape.  Stamped and cut out the Butterfly kisses sentiment, added a couple gems and adhered that to the card base as shown.  All in all I'm happy with the end result. (Except for the smeared flight dots!)



Thanks for looking!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!