Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Thank Your Card for Our Veterans

Used the sketch from MFT Wednesday Stamp club to create this Veteran Thank You card.  A couple years ago my sister asked if I could make some Veteran's Day cards for the residents of a Veteran's home that she volunteers at.  Of course I said yes, I would be honored to.  The least I could do for someone who sacrificed so much.  So every year since I have been humbly making Veteran Day cards for the residents of the home.

MFTWSC130

I flipped the sketch for this card.  The stamp is from Our Daily Bread Designs.  Stamped it with Memento Ink then used my Prismacolor pencils to add the red and blue colors.  Layered the image on a label cut with my Cricut. I then added some seam binding.  Added a glittery star with a thank you tag tied to it with blue twine.
Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings and wishes for a Happy Fourth of July!


Entered in:
MFTWSC130
ODBD- Red, White and Blue
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Very nice work! Love that star that you've added to finish off your work of heart! Thanks for joining us for the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous I love the colours you used and the lovely design. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous Patriotic card!! I just love that image and your use of red, white and blue!!! Great design!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card! Great work on those pencils!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!