Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Sharing the Father's Day card I made today.  Used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches for the layout.

Used Sweet and Sassy's stamp set Shining Light for the image and sentiment.  Colored the image with Prismacolor pencils.  Tried to create a sunrise effect by sponging on ink   For the blue background I applied blue ink to an acrylic block and then swiped it on my paper.  Then I tried adding some "waves" by using my swirl stamp and gesso.  Very messy process!  I used white EP for the sentiment, added a couple twine knots to opposite corners.
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week! Blessings!

Entered In:

8 comments:

  1. Your inking effects are great!! Wonderful image and I love the knots!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I love the colours and design you used :) Thank you for joining us over at the PTW and Simon Says Stamp Challenges. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card, a wonderful background and your colouring of the stunning lighthouse is beautiful!!!

    Thanks so much for joining with Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of your image.... Thanks for joining us over at Craft Lovin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! I love that background! Thanks for joining us at the Craft Lovin' Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw the challenge hosted by Simon Says Stamp and decided to browse for each of the entries. I must say that all are having great cards. this is one of those. Very nice and lovely designs. Simply amazing. Good luck!

    Harry xxxx
    Fathers Day Quotes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!