Sunday, July 28, 2013

Take 10

This Flourishes Birthday Challenge was to make a card in 10 minutes.  I did not officially time myself, since I am always unsure when you're given 10 minutes, do you start timing when you first come up with an idea and start to gather all your supplies or do you start the time once you have everything gathered and actually start the card?  Anyhow this was a very simple and quick card.
 First I painted a piece of watercolor paper with some Tombow markers and my water brush.  This is a super quick and easy way to create a colorful background.  While that dried I cut a piece of patterned paper for the front of the card.  I stamped the sentiment and punched it out with an oval punch then layered it on another oval.  Die cut a heart from some scrap paper.  I inked the edges of the ovals and the heart.   Punched holes in both sides of the oval and strung through some bakers twine.  Added a few butterfly stickers.  Stamped the little girl image with Momento Tuxedo Black ink.  I did not get solid coverage b/c of the texture of the watercolor paper.  Cut the image out using MFT banner die. I then tried adding some doodled lines to the banner so it did not "hide" in the patterned paper.  I think I need more doodling practice!  The patterned paper and stickers helped make this a super quick and easy card to make.
Thanks for stopping by again!! God bless!!

Entered in:
Flourishes 10 Minute Birthday Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!