Monday, October 21, 2013

Little Sprout!

The Hambo Hoedown challenge was to create a baby themed card using a non-traditional image.  So the first thing I did was search for a synonym for baby and child.  One of the synonyms was "sprout", which then brought this Bear Farmer image to mind.  Since I hadn't played with this image yet I was happy to use it. 
The sentiments were created on the computer.  The image is colored with prisma color pencils.  I hand dyed the seam binding using distressed ink.  
Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment, I love hearing from you! God bless!!

Entered in:

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME! and very clever! Great coloring -very vibrant pencils (and fun sky) I love that seam binding. Of course I had to buy some when I first learned this trick but I have never done it but I am feeling inspired! Thanks for joining the Hoedown this week!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little sprout....awww.....!! I just LOVE this! Great job with the challenge and thanks so much for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CLEVER with the sentiment and image pairing! Super cute plaid and great coloring!

    Judy
    DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a BRILLIANT card! I love it!!! And your coloring is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!