Sunday, October 6, 2013

Snowflake Holiday card

Since I am starting to work on this year's Christmas cards, I decided to play along with Flourishes Christmas with a Twist Challenge.  The challenge is to create a Christmas card without using red or green.  So I pulled out my Flourishes Holiday Sparkle set and started playing.  This is what I created:
Used my snowflake embossing folder for the background.  Stamped the snowflake image from the set in SU Baja Breeze.  Used a Spellbinder circle die to cut it out.  Used some scrap paper (sorry I do not know the brand or name) to cut my sentiment panel and the circle mat for the snowflake.  Stamped the sentiment from the set with Versamark and heat embossed with white EP.  Added some white and silver twine, a snowflake accent I received from my mother-in-law and a few sparkly gems.  I also misted the snowflake circle with some glimmer mist.  It doesn't show up to well in the picture.
Thanks for taking time to stop by my blog!  Please leave a comment, would love to hear from you!  God bless!!

Entered in:
Flourishes - Christmas with a twist

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I like this snowflake and your textures. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamp set pairs so well with the embossing folder! Love that snowflake accent too! So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, your card is simply beautiful! Love the embossing folder and the clean design! Thank you for playing along...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous holiday card Kris! I love the embossed back ground and your wonderful blue snowflake. Fabulous use of nontraditional colours on a holiday card! Thanks for joining us for our Flourishes' Release Week Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!