Thursday, October 17, 2013

You're a Hoot!

Played with some Paper Smooches freebies to create this little card.  The image and layout are both from Paper Smooches. 

OctoberDD

I created the night sky with gelatos and water.  Loved how it turned out.  The gelato had seeped under my mask for the moon, so I added some gesso to cover it up and create a little bit of texture.  The owl is colored with Prismacolor pencils.  I don't usually put a lot of bling on my cards, and I think I may have went overboard on this one!  Stepped a little too far out of my comfort zone!!  The feathers are also from the Paper Smooches Freebie page, the stars are from a paper punch and then a few sequins.  I think I should have left out a few of the sequins, what do you think?
Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little blog!  Please feel free to comment. God bless!!

Entered in:
Paper Smooches Spark Challenge - Oct. 12-20 Draft Challenge

3 comments:

  1. I love love love your card that background is super awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you overblinged at all! The cards is just adorable. I love all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sky looks brilliant and so does the moon, the seepage has given extra shading to it :0)
    Thanks for playing along at PS Sparks this week :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!