Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Snowy Evening

For WCMD, Flourishes challenged us to create a card using our state or province as inspiration.  I was just going to pass on this challenge because I didn't really know what to use to represent Indiana.  Then I started listing the state flower, bird, tree etc... when I realized I had just received a cute little bird die and had not had a chance to use it yet.  So, since the Indiana state bird is a cardinal, I thought I'd add to my Christmas cards with this little creation:

I cut the tree silhouette with my Cricut and added a little "snow" by adding a little Versamark with a cotton swab and then used Tinsel EP.  The snow banks were created with the MFT snow drift die. Sponged a little ink along the edge and then added some homemade stickles.  The wintry sky was created by blending some Distressed Inks.  The falling snow is Picket Fence distress marker.  Used Memory Box Resting Bird die for the cardinals (State bird of Indiana).  The sentiment was stamped with Versamark the embossed with white EP.  Attached the sentiment flag with foam tape, added a button tied up with red and white twine.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! God bless!!

Entered in:
Flourishes WCMD - Your corner of the world challenge
Indiana = State bird - Cardinal

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kris! I'm learning something new about each state every time I hop through participants - who knew Indiana's state bird was a cardinal! Very cool! You did a fabulous job on the challenge! Thanks for playing on with our World Card Making Day challenge over at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sky is gorgeous - and the bits of sparkly snow in the tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they warm my heart!